Your privacy and the privacy of others on our web sites is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. This policy covers our complete website which is in fact non-commercial and purely based on hobby objectives.
• We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
During your visit to this site, we do not collect any personally-identifiable information about you that you do not specifically volunteer. This information may be volunteered when you register to be allowed to offer commentary and post in forums or Blogs. The International F-104 Society does not use that stored information on the website for any purpose other than to allow you to post content yourself. Because the International F-104 Society does gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information this website gathers and tracks
The International F-104 Society gathers two types of information about users:
• Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions to participate in our forums, to comment on posts.
• Information the International F-104 Society has obtained from publications elsewhere or received from members (listed Starfighter pilot names, by the pilots themselves or family both with agreement to publish)
Information that is automatically collected
The International F-104 Society currently uses Google Analytics to track user traffic patterns throughout our site. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users nor is personal information passed to these services. Our website respects the opt out settings of newer browsers. You may also via your account settings opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics. To opt out across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Use of information
The International F-104 Society uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience on our website, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the site or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to enable users to participate in forums and Blogs. We send out service update messages when necessary. The International F-104 Society never shares mailing lists with any third parties. When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas we do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
The International F-104 Society may disclose individual account or user information in cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the International F-104 Society rights or property, our users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. You should be aware that when you disclose personal information such as your name or e-mail address in a forum, blog comment, or other area that is publicly accessible by others, that information can be collected and used by others.
The International F-104 Society is not responsible for any information that you provide in the above areas.